Sunday 28 August 2011

Engagement, Registration & Wedding..

Yes, the title says it all. I'll put a simple note on every special occasion of ours.

Engagement

Date   : 15 February 2010
Venue : My House
Theme : Red & Gold

It was indeed an auspicious occasion for me.. 1st time i felt so feminine and nervous of course. Only close family members & friends were invited for this function yet it was so grand and memorable. Instead of going for common whitegold & diamond rings, we wanted something unique and solid. Therefore, we ordered gold ring with our names embossed. It was so lovely and infact captured attention of many.

It was a colourful event and everyone enjoyed every bit of it. :)





Registration

Date   : 19 May 2010
Venue : Jabatan Pendaftaran Batu Caves

A last we both got hitched legally on that day. Though it was an exciting day, somehow I felt so nervous and I asked myself many times whether I'm taking the right decision or not. ahahahha.. I know it sounds stupid but thats what I had in mind. I looked so nervous that even the registrar asked whether I'm happy with this marriage. Hahhaha.. At last, the 15 mins of life-time sweet contract signing ended and we went to Batu Caves temple for prayers followed by breakfast at Money Corner.


Wedding

Date   : 20 August 2010
Venue : Sri Ramar Temple, Selayang
Theme : Beige & Gold

Since Vim is a Malayalee, our wedding was held according to their culture & traditions. And according to their culture, the Bride should wear a off-white colour saree. Most of the Malayalee brides would end up having the Saree with the combination of off-white with gold or maroon or red. I wanted to break that common thing so I looked for a different combination. Since there was only limited collections available here, I flew to India to get my wedding saree. I was spoilt with choices and at last I chose my most favourite. It was so lovely and of course, unique. Our wedding card and Vim's groom attire (Veshti & Jippa) were from india too. The preparations were head crashing and I lost 5kgs before my big day. It was very stressful but exciting too.

My big day was held at 5.45am.. Yeah I know, its very early.. But according to Indian beliefs, that would be the best time to get married. It was simple yet, a beautiful wedding. The sense of nervous didnt hit me till i was chaperoned through the isle. I could feel my hands were getting cold and a chill ran down my back.

He was sitting there while giving a welcome smile. When I sat beside him, he came closer to me and whispered ' you look beautiful'.. hahaha.Hope he told the truth... The ceremony went on.. Since it was a Malayalee wedding, it took lesser than half an hour. I need to mention an important incident here. Tying the Thali is the very most important part of a wedding ceremony. And my man was stammering while doing that. hahahha!!! and I could not hold my laughter any longer after that.. It was fun & emotional filled moment for me though.

Till I die, I would never forget my Big Day because, I married the love of my life..and it happened in the most beautiful way!








It was a great moment.. & the moments were captured well tooo...

Love,

Kogie

No comments:

Post a Comment